A technical writer with detailed knowledge in documentation formatting (i.e. a Microsoft Office power user) to assist with completing technical documents within the desired timelines. In this position the candidate will support the engineering, operations, management, and system integration of cross domain systems (CDS) and other security technologies in a small team environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible for providing technical writing skills on existing and new CDS data flows and systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
- Establish a consistent style template for each type of IATU technical document.
- Review and format each IATU document to be consistent with the established style template.
- Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new data flows and services or in making improvements, observing methods of production, and by referring to design documents, network diagrams, change request, and other custom technical documents.
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures and other technical instructions
- Participate in program standup meetings to receive/discuss task, coordinate activities, provide status, and identify issues.
- Must possess and active Top Secret Clearance
- Writes, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as procedure manuals, service manuals, and other technical publications.
- Ability to translate IT system design concepts and concept diagrams and briefings into full detailed design descriptions.
- Experience developing complex technical documentation that support IT integration, deployment, and operations tasks in support of IT systems.
- Experience with or practical knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) standards and levels along with best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Sharepoint) – MS Word Power user.
- Ability to establish template styles for Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint (Office 2007, Office 2010).
- Ability to efficiently correct style formatting of existing documents.
- Experience working with a team in large complex enterprise environment.
- Understanding of, or experience in, System or Network Administration activities in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Ability to work independently as the only Leidos technical writer representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Demonstrates good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- A team player with organization skills, can follow written instructions or technical guides, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience or familiarity documenting Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles) flows
- Systems engineering experience, especially in the areas of producing system specifications and design documentation.
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures from technical descriptions or demonstrations from technical members.
- Experience with security type documentation e.g. system hardening, system vulnerability scan results, etc.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.