The National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) of Leidos is currently looking for an Industrial-Organizational psychologist to support research projects for the Federal Aviation Administration’s Office of Human Resources (AHR) on topics in the field of Industrial and Organizational (I/O) psychology including structured interviewing, skills gap analysis, job analysis/competency modeling, assessment strategy development, and test development/validation.
The ideal candidate may be responsible for one or more phases of the research process including:
- Project/research design: support the design of research projects through coordination and collaboration with stakeholders, literature reviews, identification of best practices, development of data collection instruments and protocols, and creation of project plans and timelines.
- Data collection: support execution of data collection procedures, perform quality assurance checks to ensure that appropriate methodologies are followed consistently, adhering to the project plan and schedule, and documenting the process.
- Data analysis: download/import/export raw data and assemble data sets. Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data.
- Reporting/Documentation: document processes, analyses, results, and recommendations in writing using various formats (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other graphical software tools) for internal and external use including summaries, briefing decks, technical reports, publications, and other products for both technical and non-research/general audiences. Present research results and implications orally through requested or approved venues such as meetings or conferences.
- Location: work is to be performed primarily at FAA HQ, which is currently teleworking during the pandemic. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday from 0800 to 1630.
- Travel: some offsite travel (~10%) may be required for data collection efforts, presentations, etc.
- BS degree and 12 years of experience or Masters degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a Public Trust clearance.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Doctorate degree in Industrial-Organizational psychology with at least 3 years post-graduate experience in an applied research setting.
- Expertise in multiple data collection methodologies such as surveying, assessment, and interviews and focus groups.
- Expertise using MS Office suite including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise using behavioral statistical software (e.g., SPSS, MATLAB, R).
- Advanced knowledge/skill in writing and editing technical and scientific reports.
- Demonstrated ability to speak well and concisely and confer with professional colleagues on a peer basis.
- Ability to extend and apply the knowledge of behavioral research to the missions of the FAA.
- Demonstrated evidence of scientific achievement as shown by the completion of technical reports, publication of articles or book chapters, and/or membership in scientific societies.
- Knowledge of human capital research in the field of aviation.
- Expertise designing and administering electronic surveys using survey software (e.g., SurveyMonkey).
- Expertise in data visualization tools and techniques (e.g., Tableau, Venngage).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.