Leidos has a job opening for an entry level Finance Analyst. As a member of the Leidos Finance and Business Operations Organization you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth.
Responsibilities may include:
• Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables
• Analyzing variances using Enterprise toolsets and developing corrective action plans
• Participating in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring Earned Value Management (EVM) and a schedule baseline (plan)
• Leveraging new technology to bring efficiencies in the areas of business analytics and data visualization
• Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis
• Responsible for developing and driving financial forecasts, analyzing company results, and evaluating risks for all areas of the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
• Activities may include leading cost reduction initiatives as well as the continued development of the planning systems and processes
• Analyzing data, preparing presentations and presenting key business insights and recommendations to the senior leadership team in order to contribute to the process of determining the company's financial needs or goals for the future, and how to achieve them
• Building financial models
• Bachelor's Degree and less than 2 years of experience
• Interested in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
• Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
• Team player who isn’t afraid to show initiative and solve problems
• Effective interpersonal skills and drive for excellent customer service
• Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
• Demonstrated experience performing Accounting, Finance, or Economics-related financial data analysis tasks
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to quickly comprehend processes and learn systems and tools
• Ability to execute data mining and analysis and present those findings to management
• Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
• US Citizenship is required
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.