Security Vetting Administrator
Salary Range: £22,200 - £26,150 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Are you ready to unleash your potential?..
We are in search of a Security Vetting Administrator to join our team.
This opportunity is a remote working role and as a core member of the security team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of tasks.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the security helpdesk inbox and phone on a rota basis between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri to provide timely 1st line security support, escalating queries that require specialist security support to the Security Service Centre Lead
- Provide recruitment advice to Human Resources and hiring managers regarding security related issues such as clearance eligibility, immigration status and right to work legislation
- Process pre-employment screening checks against the Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
- Process applications for National Security Vetting
- Monitor employees’ Security and Immigration status, ensuring validity and facilitating renewals
- Perform vetting after care responsibilities such as supporting the completion of Change of Personal Circumstance, Annual Security Appraisal Forms and Aftercare Incident Reports
- Support visitor management processes for incoming and outgoing visits, including international visits
- Operate centralised security systems:
- Automated Access Control Systems (AACS)
- Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Security databases
- Produce and issue company badging
- Apply for and track Security passes Customer and other 3rd party establishments
- Support the Security Induction Process and other security education and awareness initiatives
- Deliver travel briefs for international travellers
- Process leavers from the business in line with security processes
- Maintain accurate security records within SharePoint
- Correctly adopt processes to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018
- Operate with discretion at all times
- Previous security vetting experience
- Knowledge of UK clearance processes
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst multitasking
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.