The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is currently seeking a talented Development Product Owner with business analysis background to support our United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) program.
This job represents business stakeholders and requires the ability to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile programs and projects, and variations thereof. Works closely with business requirements analysts, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Can work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts.
- Ability to work with different technologies (.NET, ETL, GIS, BI dashboards), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- May be an expert in a particular business or system domain.
- Identify, engage and influence business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Review and verify output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Bachelor's degree (or 6 years of work experience)
- 5 years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line
- Familiarity or working knowledge with Agile Scrum and Kanban technical software delivery methodologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
- Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices
- 6+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line or relevant work experience with Agile
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles Advanced knowledge of Business Management Methodology, Change Management practices and Process Engineering methodologies
- Relevant understanding of CMMI Concepts
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.