Leidos is seeking an experienced Personnel Security Administrator (PSA) to support Department of Defense (DOD) within our Security Service Center (SSC) Headquartered in Chantilly, VA. In this role, you will be part of a consolidated Personnel Security Department, consolidating and managing files from various sites, processing all clearance activities or public trust accesses for various government agencies.
This position requires a Secret clearance with eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI in the future.
- Responsible for all aspects of the personnel security functions (e.g., processing new employees for security clearances or public trust accesses and processing outgoing visit requests, request for access actions, and other duties as assigned) related to the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Act as a liaison between the subject, Security POC, Program Manager, and Operations Manager throughout the clearance process, as well as interfacing with the DoD customer.
- Keep informed of DoD customer policy changes and interpret/implement those changes within Leidos.
- Contribute to the preparation of management reports and maintain the personnel clearance database(s). The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- High School Diploma or GED and 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of DoD clearance processing procedures, experience using various databases, and proficient with MS Office.
- Knowledge of DoD government regulations (e.g., NISPOM and ICD 704).
- Solid command of the English language with strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are essential, as well as the ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information.
- High standards of professionalism are essential , as well as the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- US Citizen with active Secret clearance, and able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Proficiency with SIMS security software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.