Leidos is seeking a tester to join the MARS Enterprise Agile Development (MEAD) contract, to enhance mission applications by advancing and increasing the use of Big Data, data analysis, AI, Marchine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. SDET is a hands-on software engineer who develops code to automate testing and validation of back-end microservices and micro-frontend applications. SDET works in close collaboration with the application development and software factory teams to produce well-tested high-quality applications.
The SDET role is a technical software tester with a focus on developing automated test scripts. They are part of an agile team and work alongside developers to help automate Acceptance Criteria in user stories.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Establish automation framework to test and validate microservices and micro-frontend applications
- Develop automated tests for each feature and user story in a standard programming language
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Implement test-driven development and behavior-driven development practices
- Track testing tasks in the integrated product backlog and work in close collaboration with application developers to codify test cases
- Integrated tests into CI/CD pipelines, closely monitor test results, and promptly fix test failures
- Implement processes to synthesize and manage test data
- Measure code coverage and code quality using tools such as Sonar and ensure a minimum of 80% coverage of tested code
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 8+ years as SDET with deep experience developing test automation scripts for large applications involving microservices, web UIs and APIs
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts and quality standards for distributed applications and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Strong hands-on experience with a major programming language: Java, Python, and similar
- Strong hands-on experience with major testing frameworks including Selenium, Junit, JMeter, and similar
- Fluent in Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices
- Experience working in small cross-functional agile teams developing user stories and codifying acceptance criteria
- Experience integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline.
- At least 8+ years of testing experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- Experience developing automated tests for AI/ML applications
- Experience as SDET in development of applications for intel mission involving low-side development and testing and high-side deployment
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.