The Office of Technology (OOT) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst (BA) to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities. As the BA, you will be responsible for supporting the Product Owner and Team Leads in development and management of stories for feature development and delivery of the a product, supporting rapid application development, deployment, and execution. You will be the key link between intentions of leadership and the development tasks and priorities for the team through your ability to distill deeply technical information into concise decomposed work and tasks within Jira. You will play a critical role in supporting the PO with the maintenance of a clear and traceable baseline by logically decomposing and linking tasks, clearly documenting proposed changes, updating tickets upon approval, and applying quality assurance principles to all your efforts. You also will help facilitate appropriate engagement of the development team to support responses to inquiries and issues raised by users. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
This position will be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV.
- Support the PO in maintaining the product feature backlog – facilitate development of user stories at all levels with the PO, Technical Leads, and Developers
- Support Backlog Grooming sessions and Product Increment (PI) Planning sessions with the Product Team
- Analyze and capture technical requirements regarding Roadmap, feature requests, and bugs and support development of applicable user stories and use cases
- Work with the Product Owner, Product Management, Program Management, and Technical Leads to clarify acceptance criteria
- Ensure Jira content is sound, decomposed, and described to agilely supported customers and ever evolving requirements
- Support the PO with the maintenance of a clear and traceable Roadmap baseline and inputs to critical temporal meetings such as the Configuration Control Board (CCB) for Roadmap management and other key management reviews
- Ensure Quality Assurance of proposed roadmap changes and user story content within Jira, including suitable decomposition and linkage of tasks
- Ensure proper recording of statuses and release labels for stories at all levels within Jira
- Help facilitate and moderate user questions and bug submissions to ensure appropriate developer engagement and responses
- Flexibility to perform other duties, as required by business conditions or as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cross-functionality and highly distributed team environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high level of accuracy in a very detail-oriented role
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with customer and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to research and learn new technologies and concepts in order to describe associated requirements
- Ability to work iteratively to transform ambiguity and loosely structured requirements for complex concepts into clear, achievable objectives
- Ability to distill deeply technical information into concise decomposed work and tasks
- Experience using team management tools (e.g.; Atlassian Jira/Confluence) or similar tool suite
- Practical experience with Agile development and Scrum practices
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.