The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Contracts Director. The Contracts Director will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Contracts function and team for the C4ISR Operation within the Defense Group. This position will act as the primary interface to the Senior Vice President/Operations Manager and the Operations staff for all Contracts related activities, managing the team resources as well as the utilization across the organization and actively engage with cognizant customer peers.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Reston, VA with remote work available.
- Lead a team of contracts professionals at all stages of career development
- Provide the oversight and review of all proposals, monitoring of significant contracts, leading and/or assisting in key negotiations, resolving contract or personnel performance issues, identifying risks and associated mitigations, ensuring compliance with Leidos policies and procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Coach team on negotiating terms.
- Provide mentoring, advice and counsel to Operations and Group counterparts, and Contracts staff.
- Establish measurement and functional performance goals for team to include career development, inclusion, and team retention, providing regular feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
- Regularly interact with program managers, program financial analysts, financial & business operations directors, capture/business development teams, human resources directors, and with customer leadership.
- Apply strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Collaborate with the Contract Directors for the Defense Group’s other Operations.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements to apply the correct contracts skillsets, techniques, capture methods, and resources to meet Leidos’ and the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Support internal/external audit activities and data requests from internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate the values of the company and the organization
- Ability to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience OR Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Expert knowledge within government contracting arena with particular emphasis on contract execution and proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience supervising OR leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage geographically dispersed team of professionals
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and team regarding the Contracts function, particularly regarding contracts with a high degree of complexity, and to work issues to resolution.
- Must be able to analyze and mitigate OCI risk
- Ability to establish relationships internally and externally.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Acrobat.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse contracting professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses but change the world.
Our Defense business provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide – including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, US Space Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and International Customers such as NATO, Egypt, and Israel. Our solutions include all domain command and control solutions and services with mission support.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.