Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking to add a Program Finance Analyst to the team.
The Program Finance Analyst is responsible for planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. In addition, this opportunity has significant interface with the Portfolio Manager, Project Managers, Contracts, Project Accounting, as well as other organizations. In this role you will be a key member of the program team and work directly with the program manager and portfolio manager to help define the program's goals and objectives; create and maintain a program's budget and schedule, EAC, analyze progress reported against the program baseline; identify risks and opportunities against the program baseline; and recommend actions to improve progress to achieve flawless program execution including supporting IPR requirements. In addition this role will prepare and present financial forecasts, reports and analysis as well as participate in new business proposals and also prepare on-contract proposals for customers. This role will also serve as liaisons between the Program Team and cross-functional departments to perform financial research, manage a program’s general ledger, and/or monitor a program’s cash flow.
- Program life-cycle activities such as project setup/ maintenance, invoicing support, accruals, financial projections, and month end close.
- Development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EAC)s in offline and Fusion environment
- Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects.
- Significant interaction with the Finance Manager, Program Managers, and may involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and contributes through statistical reporting, analysis, estimates, and auditing.
- Supports the preparation of written, verbal, and quantitative reports for customer deliverables providing thorough walk through of invoices
- Development of program annual operating plans (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Reporting and variance analysis to include Revenue, Profit, Cash, Backlog, Risk and Opportunities.
- Participation in proposals through cost modeling, pricing support, and providing input into cost volumes.
- Candidate should have Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience or Master's degree with 2-6 years of experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Program Finance Field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments
- Basic knowledge of multiple contract types: CPAF, CPFF, FFP, T&M
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly strong in MS Excel.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills, and the ability to operate independently
- Knowledge of Leidos Financial Systems
- Knowledge of Gross Margin/Commercial Accounting
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.