Leidos is seeking a Scrum Master for a technical development program supporting the Sponsor’s Entitlement Programs as well as IdAM /ICAM, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes and Digital Policy Management. Leidos is looking for a Scrum Master to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. This position is located in the Reston, VA area and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
- Responsible for technical planning and oversight of self-organizing team(s) to ensure the team is making progress against Program Increment commitments
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI
- Removes impediments and evaluates solutions with the Release Train Engineer in implementing solutions
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules
- Mentor and coaches technical staff in order to meet mission
- Provides functional analysis and timeline analysis to ensures that the team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done and how to meet it
- Coordinates with other leads on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management
- Works with the Product Owner(s) to review and prioritize features
- Works with the teams to resolve problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, and PI planning
- Works with Product Owner(s) to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria
- Maintains and generates information radiators for the teams
- Collects and shares team metrics with the team, determines when new metrics are needed, and develops improvements in metrics
- Coaches teams on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement
- Observes team dynamics, recognizes strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coaches the team as a whole driving improvements in productivity
- Creates a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promotes teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- As a subject matter expert will lead teams towards agile maturity
- Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience in working as a Scrum Master or Team Lead for a software development or similar technical team
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g. Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and time management skills are a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.