Leidos Transportation Solutions aviation programs is seeking a Hardware Technician to join the Infrastructure and Lab Engineering (ILE) team. The Hardware Technician will perform multiple tasks, including cross-functional collaboration, process-driven work, and continuous improvement. Looking for a process-driven candidate with a forward-thinking mentality to drive positive change within the team based on new technologies and ideologies.
Hardware Technician responsibilities:
Work within a team of engineers and hardware technicians, including responsibility for:
• Performing design and development engineering assignments relate to systems hardware, which includes the development of new products and/ or existing products.
• Quality of the team’s technical deliverables, troubleshoot hardware related issues, installing hardware (servers, workstations, network, data cable, etc) and coordinating efforts amongst team members.
• Tracking/ status for assigned trouble tickets, looking for proper assignments and prioritizations, supporting and developing lab related objective evidence documentation, and balancing the workload of the team by prioritizing workload within team SLA structure.
• Support developmental lab installation, sustainment, documentation, hardware trouble shooting, hardware property coordination, attend meetings to understand and plan for work that will flow to the department, and interact with software engineering and program architects to ensure labs meet program requirements. (May also be required to act as a backup for others leads in the department).
• Update and present PowerPoint charts applicable to lab status at internal team meetings and at larger scale program meetings.
• Support level duties may include activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, and assembly of equipment.
• Bachelors of Science degree and 2 +years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent years of directly related experience/training will be considered lieu of a degree.
• Working knowledge and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques within lab hardware engineering support
Knowledge of Visio, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word
• Experience leading a team in an engineering support environment
• Project scheduling and resource management
• Basic understanding of electrical, networking, software, & hardware vernacular
• Experience as a hardware technician or lead, supporting large systems that utilize Cisco, HP, HPE, Dell, IBM, and NetApp equipment.
• Experience supporting government contracts, specifically with the FAA
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.