The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineer. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures of Software Engineering operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. The candidate will be required to possess the ability to work constructively and collaboratively across multiple functional and technical areas to achieve a positive impact on explicitly stated and implicit program goals and business results.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and implement AWS cloud-based applications using a variety of modern technologies
- Assist the Product Owner with product backlog grooming, identifying feature epics and decomposing technical stories
- As a server side developer, you will work with these technologies which are present in our stack: Accumulo, Apache Kafka, Nifi, Spark, Storm, Docker, Elastic Stack, GeoMesa, Graphana, Hadoop, Helm, Istio, Java, Kubernetes, OrientDB, PostGres, Redis, and Spring Boot
- Collaborate with embedded Subject Matter Experts to refine mission-focused capabilities
- Collaborate with team members from all parts of the development lifecycle, from development to operations to security, solving technical challenges, and providing and receiving guidance and mentorship
- Design a process to build, automated test, integration, and deployment of software baselines using DevSecOps and CI/CD best practices, including definition of processes, metrics, tools selection and automation
- Research, design and develop complex enterprise-level web applications built on relational and unstructured databases
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions
- Utilize open source software development kits and API's to rapidly develop basic application solutions
- Adapt off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Work in a collaborative agile team environment
- U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to obtain a Polygraph
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- AWS experience - EC2, S3, ElasticStack, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS etc
- Experience leading complex technical projects from design to production
- Experience with Devops tools, including Jenkins, Gitlab, Nexus, SonarQube
- Network configuration
- Linux and Windows skills
- DevSecOps experience in AWS environments
- Experience configuring and maintaining DevSecOps continuous pipeline based on Jenkins and Docker containers
- Knowledge of semantic version control
- 'Must have' language skills include Java, Groovy, SQL
- Customer service skills and customer relationship management experience to work with former and active duty Intelligence analysts
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
- Prepare and present designs to customers and stakeholders
- Prepare, promote and mentor in the use of common design patterns
- Ability to learn at a fast pace and be able to rapidly learn and leverage third-party tools, SDKs, and APIs
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.