The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a dynamic Field Support Team Reliability Centered Maintenance Specialist for the Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) program in Virginia Beach, VA. This position requires 25-50% OCONUS travel. This position is responsible to:
- Effectively evaluate, update and apply the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) System to manage, maintain, update, monitor all SURTASS ship variants Planned Maintenance System (PMS) and develop new PMS procedures for inclusion in the PMS system with technical input provided by the equipment SME.
- Provide installation, retrofit, test, maintenance support, and repair services to all SURTASS Vessels’ systems and equipment and array pier-side support equipment to ensure optimal operations.
- Provide direct support for and quality control of SURTASS MRA/MRR including Review MRA data sheets detailing the results of MRR tests.
- Develop ship in-port timelines and schedules.
- Conduct set up/breakdown of pier-side array support equipment during MRA/MRRs.
- Conduct array rebalance operations at least once a year per ship as scheduled by the IOSC SURTASS Manager.
- Conduct Refresher Training (REFTRA).
- Document maintenance and repairs.
- Investigate technical problems and trouble reports.
- Review feedback reports and System Trouble Reports from SURTASS ships, providing a response to the ship(s), and develop Logistic Change Requests (LCRs) as required to support the installed systems/equipment.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Engineering Changes (ECs), and Requests for Variance (RFV) and develop schedules for implementation.
- Provide on-the-job training (OJT) technical training to O&M crew and document said training.
- Support Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs), Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs), In Process Reviews (IPRs), Integrated Logistics Overhauls (ILOs), and Maintainability demo testing.
- In support of SURTASS RM&A, perform analysis of operational failure data and take appropriate action.
- Participate in SURTASS Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
- Report revisions required in maintenance procedures and technical manuals after installation of a field change or whenever a deficiency in technical documentation is noted. Report deficiencies in systems software identifying software changes required to enhance mission operations.
- Identify system and unit design problems and software deficiencies. Review and comment on ideas regarding system upgrades and improvements from site personnel.
- Assist IOSC SURTASS Manager in preparation and administration of Planning and Engineering for Repairs and Alterations (PERA) planning and execution.
- Provide support to other IOSC activities as directed by the IOSC SURTASS Manager or his designated authorized representative.
- Proficient to conduct operation and maintenance onboard SURTASS Ships for the equipment/systems or onboard processes.
- Responsible for emergent repairs to the equipment and systems aboard SURTASS Vessels.
- Must have at least an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Technology, or be a graduate of US Navy electronics “C” school or equivalent civilian electronics technical school. Curriculum must have dealt directly with the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of: VME computers, digital computers, microprocessors or peripheral/interface equipment, networks, communications system, navigation system and/or sonar system.
- Must be versed and certified in the RCM system.
- Eight (8) years of practical hands-on experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of VME computers, networks, digital computers, microprocessors, communications systems, navigation systems, and/or sonar systems.
- Minimum three (3) years managing PMS under the RCM system at the workcenter level.
- Be able to pass the medical requirements as set forth in COMSCINST6000.1 (Series) Personnel Medical Requirements, Navy Occupational Safety and Health (NAVOSH) instructions, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules, and U.S. Coast Guard requirements.
- Must be capable of safely operating on vessels at sea
- A Top Secret clearance is required
- Five (5) years of combined experience in the Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) scheduled maintenance and repair of SURTASS Subsystems, SURTASS COMMs subsystems, and/or SURTASS arrays. Experience in all three of these areas, versus one or two, is highly desirable.
- Experience with SURTASS PROCESSING SUBSYSTEM includes: ICP, UNIX based processing systems, LINUX, Windows, ORACLE, COMPOSE, GCCS-M, GPS (Commercial and MIL-STD), Bathythermograph/Sound Velocimeter, Mechanical and Ring Laser Gyro, TTTS and/or PC Test Set
- Experience with SURTASS COMMs SUBSYSTEM includes: SHF, UHF SATCOM and LOS, HF, NOW, IFF, SECURE VOICE and DATA CRYPTOs, CMS, EKMS, KMI, SIPRNET, ADNS/CFCP, and/or NIPRNET
- Experience with SURTASS ARRAYS includes: TL-29A Twinline and Single line, LFA, CLFA, and/or HFM3
External referral eligible
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.