The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a dynamic Independent SURTASS Quality Assurance Support Specialist to perform the quality assurance functions for the status and tracking of SURTASS assets and the program AQLs. The Independent SURTASS Quality Assurance Support Specialist will be based in Virginia Beach, VA and shall provide direct on-site supervision to organize and de-conflict scheduling of installation and maintenance activities. The Independent SURTASS Quality Assurance Support Specialist shall provide on-call technical services for emergent requirements aboard all SURTASS platforms, and shall provide technical support in review of existing systems to ensure compliance with current messaging, security, and software policies, standards, and versions. Also, the Specialist is responsible for setting up, data gathering, managing, variance analysis, trending, reporting, delivering related CDRLs, updating and improving the Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL) associated with the program.
- Must have at least an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Technology, or be a graduate of US Navy electronics “C” school or equivalent civilian electronics technical school. Curriculum must have dealt directly with industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of secure networks and communications systems, navigations systems, and sonar surveillance systems.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressive work experience in a Navy life cycle sustainment program with personnel supervision responsibilities, and familiarity with C4I technologies, sonar maintenance and operations
- A Top Secret Clearance required.
- Three years of experience in Quality Assurance roles, to include experience in establishing SOPs for program QA, data gathering and analysis, conducting Root Cause Analyses, and monitoring progress in achieving outstanding AQLs.
- 10 (ten) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of SURTASS PROCESSING Subsystems, SURTASS COMMs subsystems, and/or SURTASS arrays. Experience in all three of these areas, versus one or two, is highly desirable.
- SURTASS PROCESSING SUBSYSTEM includes: ICP, UNIX, LINUX, Windows, ORACLE, COMPOSE, GCCS-M, GPS (Commercial and MIL-STD), Bathythermograph/Sound Velocimeter, Mechanical and Ring Laser Gyro, TTTS, and/or PC Test Set;
- SURTASS COMMs SUBSYSTEM includes: SHF, UHF SATCOM and LOS, HF, NOW, IFF, SECURE VOICE and DATA CRYPTOs, CMS, EKMS, KMI, SIPRNET, ADNS/CFCP, and/or NIPRNET;
- SURTASS ARRAYS includes: TL-29A Twinline and Single line, LFA, CLFA, and/or HFM3.
External Referral Eligible