Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a motivated and innovative individual to join our Operational Accounting team. The Accountant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare monthly close entries, ensuring that the JE is properly supported for audit purposes and properly recorded in the ledger.
- Support Operational Accounting in period close activities, which includes preparing balance sheet reconciliations and accrual entries.
- Ability to research and understand flux variances and provide explanations period over period
- Possess the skills to identify and analyze issues, communicate upward and involve Leads/Managers (if needed), and hold meetings with stakeholders to resolve matters in a timely manner.
- Become familiar with accounting policies to ensure compliance.
- Willingness to volunteer for new projects or tasks that are required as issues arise.
- Willingness to train new team members or customers from other departments on various topics related to journal entry preparation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 2 to 4 years of accounting experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of prior experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
Although we are mostly on telework at the moment, you will need to live in one of the following locations for intermittent office visits: Tucson - AZ, Oak Ridge - TN, Reston - VA, or Huntsville - AL.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.