Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Pandemic Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave, a Safe Work environment and much more!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Systems Administrator will support a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
An experienced System Administrator with both Linux and Windows expertise is needed provide support for complex Mission Systems. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and high energy and initiative.
- User account management, administration, access/controls and support
- Installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals
- Kernel parameter and disk partition modification
- Client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, network administration troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Provide regression testing on new software releases
- Perform periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required
- Bachelors Degree is highly desired but is not required
- In lieu of Bachelors Degree, experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Five or more years of system administration and/or engineering experience with computer systems.
- Related Certifications will count toward experience requirement
- This position requires experience with both LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration
- VMware experience
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM)
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 2 years scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 2 years experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.