The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Jr Data Scientist in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and data analytics support for peer review.
- Perform scientific domain analysis and prediction using ML, large scale clustering
- Explore algorithms that involve topic modeling and clustering, and test their scalability on massively big data.
- Work on free text data and incremental automated processes to facilitate federal scientific resource allocation procedures.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, and other scientific officers on NIH businesses and research.
- Perform large and complex data sets analysis, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders
- Masters degree in in Data Science from a reputed University. 1-2 years of experience in relevant field.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, Pearl
- Experience in handling large data sets, performing predictive analytics such as machine learning and data mining.
- Experience with analyzing large and complex data sets, with strong aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience with the application of bioinformatics and statistical tools and the analysis
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Experience with handling large data sets, generate predictive regression models (logistic and multivariate) and apply machine learning algorithm such as random forest, elastic net.
- Experience with developing machine learning algorithms for object detection and recognition, large-scale indexing and retrieval and multimedia understanding
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical customers
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure.
- Experience with various bioinformatics databases and tools.
- Previous experience working with NIH
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.