Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
The successful candidate will be required to coordinate system requirements with technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels. Responsibilities will include analysis, change management, coordinating and tracking of information on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects with customers and deadlines. The candidate will also be required to develop solutions that require depth of technical knowledge and understand through discussions with the technical team.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and documenting business processes
- Gathering key requirements from stakeholders and producing useful reports and analysis
- Facilitating meetings and presenting reports, analysis, or findings
- Documenting and effectively communicating the results of your efforts
- Documenting, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Validating that solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Writing user stories, acceptance criteria, and participating in user acceptance testing
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field with 4+ years of related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be self-driven and have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated multitasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Explains technical solutions, practices, and procedures to technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels through excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilities experience is preferred
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.