Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Senior IT Systems Engineer with a specialization in UNIX who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client. Leidos has supported a long-term customer in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Leading the design, roll out and transitioning to new environments / systems as older environments are sunset.
- Script creation to enhance and/or automate the conversion process to new environments (ksh, Bash scripting).
- General UNIX / Linux troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Provide key Operating System design support for application projects utilizing both agile and waterfall development methods.
- Provide key Operating System design support for Web applications and middleware (Tomcat, Java, WebLogic)
- UNIX / Linux / Solaris application support
- Client / Customer documentation of project and support work
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years UNIX / Linux experience. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ Years Shell Scripting Experience
- 5+ Year supporting UNIX / Linux Middleware applications (Tomcat, Java, Weblogic)
- 3+ Years supporting application & database connections (TIBCO, SQL, Oracle)
- 3+ Years working with AutoSys application jobs
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with encryption and transfer protocols (SSL / TLS, FTP)
- Experience in the monitoring and execution of jobs in a UNIX environment
- Experience with P2R Software preferred
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.