Leidos seeks an applications developer to support an analytic application development effort. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts to conceptualize, design, build, and implement web applications that democratize access to sophisticated analytic methods for non-data scientists.
- Collaborate with data scientists and targeters to automate their current manual approaches
- Develop UI designs, prototypes, and specifications in response to user requirements
- Ensure UI best practices of design and accessibility are followed throughout the development lide cycle
- Present concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to support business needs and deliver a strong user experience
- Build and implement web applications
- Conduct usability tests
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 12 years experience, or Master's degree and at least 10 years experience and relevant certifications. Junior resumes will also be considered.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Experience in developing and/or customizing web applications
- Demonstrated extensive experience Python Flask, ReactJS, and PostgreSQL stack
- Demonstrated experience with containerization using Docker and/or experience developing and deploying containerized applications and databases
- Demonstrated experience user centered design principles, web standards, typography and color, and web usability standards
- Experience with version control systems GitHub preferred
- Familiarity with open source data engineering tools and processes
- Experience designing for intelligence applications
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.