The Operations Finance Manager of Manufacturing and Supply Chain is a key member of the Security Detection and Automation business and will be a business partner to the Vice President of Operations. The position will report directly to Vice President of Finance and Business Operations, Security Detection and Automation. The Security Detection and Automation business is made up of 3 divisions with sites in North America, Europe and APAE with annual revenue over $500 million.
The ideal work location is onsite in Tewksbury, MA or Vista, CA; provided that candidates are able to attend onsite meetings there will be opportunity for remote work/ telework/ telecommuting estimated at 50% of the time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operations Finance
- Lead Finance to ensure consistent and clear view of Manufacturing performance & efficiency (Spend, Absorption, Variance, Activity Based & Standard Costing, Utilization, Fixed & Variable cost structure etc.), and Supply Chain.
- Partner with Supply Chain operations to improve SIOP, optimize Inventory / DOS, minimize E&O & Scrap, etc.
- Implement and standardize best practice financial reporting, analysis, and improvement across sites including design and utilization of BI tools and standard work to drive forward-looking insights
- Establish annual, monthly, weekly, and daily financial reporting & forecasting to drive continual improvement
- Partner with Finance and Operations leaders to realize measurable productivity improving each area (Sourcing, Supply Chain, Operations) and continually improving bottom line results as a percentage of spend
- Hire and oversee Operations Financial Analysts, including giving directions and delivering periodical evaluations
- Innovate improvements in Operations based on financial analysis
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required; an MBA or CPA is strongly desired
- An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials and a strong aptitude in financial analysis
- Experience in industrial automation industry is desired
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressively responsible business experience
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), Power BI, Hyperion, and PowerPoint is preferred
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Track record of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure
- Strong manufacturing operations orientation with demonstrated experience partnering with Operations and supply chain leaders to drive cost & inventory optimization
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills including demonstrated utilization of BI tools to measure KPI’s and drive forward looking analytics
- Self-motivated with high bias for action and accountability
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior finance and operations professionals
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment
- Ability to drive culture of accountability
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.