Fantastic opportunity to join our winning team in the Intelligence Group! We are seeking an experienced Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager. This person will be responsible for leading BD operations’ activities, managing capture excellence, and supporting strategy development/implementation for the Intelligence Group. This position will support the SVP for Business Development in the Intelligence Group and report to the VP of Business Development and Strategy for the Intelligence Group. In this role, you are expected to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, understand prioritization, perform with a high level attention to detail, and handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
The candidate will oversee all day-to-day BD operations, and ensure BD metrics are proactively tracked and addressed at the group level. This includes corporate reporting, tracking and forecasting of new business funds, and coordination of BD actions, recurring and adhoc. The Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager will work collaboratively across the company to ensure success, build relationships with counterparts in the other Groups and corporate, and support functions, including Finance. You will coordinate with our five Intel Operations BD VPs to ensure consistency in reporting, proactively identify and solve issues, offer contextual support, BD process expertise, and content advice that allows them to present their top opportunities effectively and efficiently.
The Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager will track and report on overhead costs, B&P, and marketing budgets. You will work with the SVP and VP to establish the B&P and marketing boundaries, reflecting both a bottoms up and top down approach. This position provides mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and capture managers on effective use of budgets. The tracking and reporting performed by this position will be used to proactively identify spend issues with specific captures, across segment, or in general.
The Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager will implement initiatives to improve capture support in Intel by helping capture teams and BD resources focus on content and strategy that increases the probability of win for key opportunities. This support includes coordination with CO&E, facilitating Win Plan and associated capture training across the operations, reviewing win themes and discriminators for validity for top opportunities, identifying gaps and initiatives to leverage capture resources and engagement across the group, and helping to orchestrate enhancements to processes and procedures that can increase the overall win rate for the Group. This position schedules, tracks, and orchestrates Group and Corporate gate reviews, priority/top opportunities, collaboration sessions, color reviews, etc. are to allow decision makers to review and provide direction to the capture teams.
The Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager will also lead the development of corporate briefing materials and responses for the SVP and VP of BD and Strategy. This includes ELT briefings, Deep Dives, Quarterly Business Reviews, budget updates, Gate Reviews, Closest-to-the-Pin updates, etc.
The Business Development Operations and Capture Excellence Manager will assist the VP of Business Development and Strategy with the Intel Group Strategy and the monitoring of the execution of the strategy throughout the year. Support to strategy includes using data to help develop market focus, financial growth, and return on investment analysis.
- Monitor new business funds, closest to the pin, and other metrics for the SVP and VP of Business Development for Intel Group
- Support the Group SVP and VP in achieving overall BD and capture activities and business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth
- Oversee the execution of all planning and review activities, to include opportunity updates to the SVP, collaboration sessions, gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, color reviews, and all weekly and monthly reporting
- Collaborate with the BD VPs and Capture Managers to increase focus on understanding and developing differentiating win themes and discriminators, opportunity profitability, and opportunity risk for top opportunities during the pursuit and proposal phases
- Ensure operations follow the Gate Review Process
- Support the VP in the development and execution of strategy at the Group level by working with consultants to obtain external data, developing presentations, and orchestrating reviews
- Ensure all BD actions are tracked and ensure proper closure
- Identify areas for process improvements and improved maximum use of tools within Operations (such as metrics, dashboards, reports, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience
- Experience in leading or executing captures and proposal OR business development and customer relationship management
- Experience navigating the gate review process as a business developer, capture manager, or proposal manager
- Experience working with an Intel customer within a line element that translates to an understanding of the customer and their needs
- Ability to understand and apply market data to assist in the definition of Group level strategic growth objectives, and monitor progress against achievement of the Group objectives
- Experience tracking, analyzing, and visualizing budgets
- Ability to use automated tools to present ideas, information, and reports
- WinIt experience to track opportunities and manage pipeline, and PowerBI to visualize data
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Understanding of how Leidos competes and differentiates itself from its competitors
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute tasks across a wide range of priorities
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.