Leidos is seeking a highly capable and experienced Mechanical Systems Engineer to join the team to support a variety of programs requiring development and integration payloads and related support equipment in undersea platforms and infrastructure. Projects require development and integration of payloads and support equipment with AUV, submarine, and surface ship hosts, and may include but are not limited to sensors and data acquisition electronics, handling systems, support and special test equipment, system control and monitoring electronics, etc. Efforts require compliance with Navy certification requirements for operation on submarine and surface ship platforms, and may include training and O&M support, and associated documentation for operational Navy cadres. Projects typically result in fully operational systems to support a US Navy missions. This individual may also provide general systems engineering & integration support to other maritime programs with requirements for complex ocean engineering systems resulting in prototype, LRIP, and production systems.
- Requirements management, derivation, allocation, and verification
- Oversees system development, integration, factory test, field test, system verification and validation, and transition to operation
- Coordinates with key subcontractors and outsourced subsystems and components
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Participates in customer reviews and prepares deliverable reports and specifications in accordance with NAVSEA requirements.
- Act as the senior mechanical system designer for specialized fixtures for complex undersea systems
- Serve as a mentor to Leidos mechanical and system engineers that will perform supporting design tasks under the envisioned project efforts.
- Act as the principal customer liaison to establish derived requirements and concepts of operation for the specialized fixtures
Education & Experience:
- BS degree with 15 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Naval, maritime, and/or military system definition, development, delivery, and operational support.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Familiarity with SysML modeling with IBM Rational and/or No Magic systems engineering tools or equivalent is desired.
- Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance and pass a counter-intelligence polygraph.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.