The Leidos Civil NISC IV program is looking for a talented .NET Developer to support our customer on the NISC IV contract.
The .NET Developer will:
Provide .NET development skills that would convert an existing Desktop Application (with SQL backend) to a Web-based (SQL backend) application with PIV authentication, which requires in-depth, state-of-the-art knowledge of a specialized information engineering discipline for effective implementation. Additionally convert from a paper system into a PDF delivery system (green initiative)
• Provide programming duties with an emphasis on requirements development, planning, analysis and design, testing & acceptance phases of the application software, verify source code compilations, creation of test scripts, test plans, documentation of security controls, and the validation of security risk analysis (POAM’s)
• Provide support for software maintenance, diagnostics for web applications (including bug fixes), code updates, upgrades to new software versions, and disaster recovery (DR)
• Identify, manage and apply maintenance and security updates to the application and the application’s development environments
• Provide documentation required for security certifications and audits. Reviews Information System Security Plans (ISSP) with focus on security impact analyses and application specific controls
• Perform and document the appropriate set of baseline security controls as identified in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53a. Conduct preliminary testing of common vulnerabilities to reduce or eliminate issues early in the development cycle
• Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the task
• Provide the FAA with status of projects, problems, or other outstanding project related issues in official report form or via other medium
• Provide tracking of all change requests in the approved FAA software-tracking tool and complete work when tickets are reviewed as well as approved in writing
• Perform work when verbal approval is given in the event of a short timeline or where a ticket cannot be completed. Verbal approval will be documented via email to the respective approver
• Provide monitoring and tracking development operations, recording and reporting on Program activities’, prepare and produce needed artifacts for programs / projects
Bachelor's degree and 4 or more years of relevant experience with ASP.NET, SQL backend grabs, C#.
Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Nice to have: 3rd party component tools
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.