Salary: £40,800.00 - £52,050.00 - with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
You be a experienced network engineer with knowledge in implementing networking infrastructure within a cloud environment. You will join our growing cloud engineering team to support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications using scripting / IaC.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
• Work with teams across the programme and customer engineers to understand cloud networking requirements for integration with the customer on premises network
• Create network architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements in Microsoft Azure
• Implement automated, auto-scaled network architectures integrating Cloud native and third party products and collaborate with security engineering to remediate security findings and maintain compliance with security policies including encryption and firewall requirements
IaC / Automation
• Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud network infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies
• Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience with Cloud services, AWS, or Azure (preferred)
• Knowledge and skills associated with Azure Console, CLI, and provisioning cloud services.
• Knowledge with coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, automation-first implementations
• Flexible schedule to support necessary off-hours maintenance and upgrades
• Networking IPV4/IPV6, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Carrier Services, MPLS, DNS, TLS, IPAM and DHCP
• Network monitoring tools, cloud gateways
• Familiar with automation and scripting network deployments
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
• Prior experience working in Agile Development
• Capable of working within a team and independently.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers.
• Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
• Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.