Leidos seeks a data engineer to provide programming support for loading large volume data collections into a variety of data holding areas both on premises and in the cloud. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative, cross disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, and applications developers to deliver mission critical analytics support to our customer.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and minimum of 12 years experience OR a Master's degree and at least 10 years of experience
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Analyze new data collections and determine optimal data ingest processes
- Create and maintain NiFi Schemas for new and existing data feeds
- Develop tools or modify existing ones to preprocess, modify, aggregate, load, index, and archive data collections into clusters and AWS in near real time
- Implement all proper access controls
- Generate metrics to track data ingest optimization and ensure data integrity and provenance are maintained
- Document data flows
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems engineering, or closely related discipline
- Extensive experience in Extract-Transform-Load processes
- Demonstrated extensive experience with cloud services (AWS strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with cloud based database services such as Databricks and EMR
- Understanding of SQL database structures and mapping data structures between different SQL databases
- Knowledge of API development techniques
- Demonstrated experience with AWS long-term storage options
- Experience with NiFi strongly preferred, but would train if candidate has experience in Java or using Pentaho
- Experience working with a Hadoop cluster
- Familiarity with open source data engineering tools and processes
- Experience designing for intelligence applications
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.