Java API Developer
Salary: £34,000.00 - £42,550.00 - with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
You will be responsible for design and software engineering the delivery of RESTful APIs across one or more Critical National Infrastructure programmes. You will partner with Agile Delivery Leads, Technical Leads, Product Owners, BAs and Testers to implement tools and platforms that continuously deliver high-quality products to Leidos’ customers.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- A RESTful API focused engineer (preferable Java background), used to develop systems in complex vendor and customer landscapes from discovery to live service.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum environments (preferably at scale) including test automation (JMeter, SoapUI, Postman, etc)
- In-depth understanding of concepts of microservice architecture, API and event driven architectures using Apache Kafka and Redis.
- Excellent demonstrable delivery experience in Java-based applications using Spring Boot.
- Experience in API documentation and specification tools (e.g. Swagger)
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering solutions that leverage AWS native and vendor platform services including Kubernetes, RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache for Redis.
- Hands-on design of solutions that use complex service orchestration and leverage container management and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and Chart Museum.
- Possess a strong security and data privacy-oriented mindset, aware of secure coding techniques and best practice.
- Pride in producing high quality software, clean code, documentation, peer reviewing and tests.
- Broad implementation experience with DevOps technologies such as GitLab, Artifactory, Jenkins, Grafana, Kibana
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
Clearance to Start SC
Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.