Leidos has an opening for a Maritime Prepositioning Force (MPF) Planner in Tampa, FL.
This position is located in the Headquarters, United States Marine Corps Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), and directly supports the Assistant Chief of Staff for Logistics G-4. The primary purpose of this position is the development and review of OPLANs, CONPLANs, and MPF exercise planning; coordinating and facilitating conferences; conducting operational assessments; attendance at annual prepositioning and seabasing operational advisory group conferences. -p=[‘]
The employee will provide subject matter expertise regarding the implementation of service and joint policy and doctrine in prepositioning operations involving USMARCENT Forces. The contractor is responsible for providing commodity expertise and insight to the Logistics Plans/Exercises Branch Head on all matters that impact mission performance.
This effort shall entail utilization of all sources and classifications, from unclassified to the TS/SCI level, for ensuring inclusion of classified information and concepts in Maritime Prepositioning Force operations planning, preparation of reports, to plan and execute exercises, and to plan events that are current with real world operations.
The employee will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for US Marine Corps Forces Central Command regarding prepositioning strategy and planning.
- Advise COMUSMARCENT on appropriate use of forward positioned afloat and ashore prepositioning capabilities when supporting Crisis Response or contingencies.
- Review Marine Corps and Navy doctrine regarding prepositioning employment and new platform operational employment.
- Develop and execute prepositioning strategies, plans, concepts and tasks supporting tailoring of Maritime Prepositioning Force ships.
- Prepare prepositioning estimates, conduct MPF budget review, and attend MPF planning conferences as the USMARCENT Subject Matter Expert in support of USMARCENT Exercise section.
- Identify, improve and document USMARCENT prepositioning capabilities and relationships.
- Represent USMARCENT during MPF exercises and serve as the Lead Logistics Planner for MPF exercises when required.
- Maintain the USMARCENT prepositioning web pages, historical files, and other required documentation.
- Provide advice and information to USCENTCOM J4 Plans regarding prepositioning and seabasing capabilities and operational employment.
- Represent USMARCENT at Service level prepositioning and seabasing working groups as requested by Capabilities Development, Plans, Policies and Operations, and Installations and Logistics.
- Develop assessments, briefs, and information papers as required and support internal USMARCENT working groups.
- Provide logistics planner support to the USMARCENT Planning Group and provide logistics planner support to the USMARCENT Logistics Plans section as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience
- Possess knowledge/experience with Prepositioning Programs and MPF operations.
- Experience in planning and execution of MPF exercises.
- Ability to interact with high level staff officers in order to advise and assist them with logistics functions; ability and comfort to brief at the executive level (3-4 star).
- A thorough understanding of the Marine Corps Planning Process (MCPP).
- An understanding of Componency as it relates to the inter-relationships between USMARCENT, USCENTCOM, and HQ Marine Corps staffs.
- Ability to independently plan, design, perform responsibilities, apply mature judgement, have a high degree of initiative, as well as develop new concepts.
- Active Top Secret security clearance, but must be able to obtain TS/SCI.
- Current US Passport with ability to travel and work overseas.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a Combatant Command, Component Command, Marine Expeditionary Force Command, Military Sealift Command, or Blount Island Command.
- Ability to work in a drug free environment and pass random urinalysis testing.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS SharePoint, and Audio/Video conferencing.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree and 10 years’ of relevant experience in Marine Corps logistics and prepositioning strategy.
- Service on USCENTCOM (Combatant Command), USMARCENT (Component Command), and/or HQ Marine Corps (service) level staffs.
- In-depth understanding of US Central Command’s logistics planning processes.
- A thorough understanding of the Joint Staff Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) process.
- Ability to serve on a Crisis Action Team (CAT) for extended work hours.
- Ability to lead and/or serve on an Operational Planning Team (OPT).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.