Leidos is looking to hire a Systems Engineer to actively participate in organizational business process re-engineering efforts with the focus on delivering capabilities to mission in a fast and efficient manner. The proposed SE will balance the need for standard operating processes against mission speed, including developing various briefings and training materials, running presentations or briefings, coordinating and scheduling meetings with other organizations on behalf of the leadership team, and facilitating technical resolutions regarding the Customer’s infrastructure and cloud technology when disagreements occur between technical teams. Other responsibilities will include operating, facilitating, and recording minutes from Engineering Review Board meetings, and daily division standup meetings, Operations Scheduling Panel meetings. They will develop, maintain and organize quad charts detailing project status for all division projects as well as a division-level project schedule detailing major milestones and dependencies using PowerPoint and Visio. Key skills for this role include: project management, AWS, AWS pricing models, budgets, documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience working with engineers to ensure that the right plan, design and product is engineered and implemented.
- Demonstrated experience as a software or systems project or team leader in an IT Enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services, to include in-depth knowledge of technical service offerings and how they can be used to meet performance, cost and schedule to achieve project success.
- Demonstrated experience developing costing projections utilizing Amazon Web Services pricing models and cloud design principles.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining an engineering or technical project budgets.
- Demonstrated experience working with engineers to analyze IT systems to improve performance while lowering overall costs.
- Demonstrated experience applying business and technical skills to inform decisions for cost reductions, performance improvements and mission benefit.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Amazon Web Services pricing models, cost explorer and other tools to report and project the total cost of a project.
- Demonstrated experience translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Splunk or tools for auditing, metrics and systems management.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.