Configuration Management Architect
The selected candidate will join a high performing agile team that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools are utilized alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities in support of an on-going operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for architecting technical solutions to address a complex DevOps Configuration Management (CM) system through tools integration and traditional CM processes. The ideal candidate will have recent, comprehensive experience in developing complex technical solutions and integrating tools for system CM following configuration management best practices. He/she must possess high energy, have a passion for CM, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect innovative solutions to manage a complex DevOps configuration management system
- Integrate new and existing Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products to build an innovative CM system across a diverse technology stack
- Identify needs for CM tools and ensure a plan is in place to build or acquire these tools in alignment with the overall master schedule
- Work with Systems Engineering to develop requirements for tool integration
- Analyze business and process requirements to develop technical solutions
- Define and implement processes, policies, and procedures to maintain proper version control of hardware and software products
- Provide support to project teams in configuring and baselining hardware and software products
- Use CM tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Maintain and develop the CM environment for software product build, staging, testing, and integration
- Recommend and integrate automated CM tools
- Implement change control processes
- Participate in development and administration of CM tool training sessions
- Design and deliver reports, as required
- Develop, collect, and report metrics to measure internal performance, as required
- Identify and report non-compliance situations
- Facilitate and perform CM audits of controlled configuration items, as required
- Review and recommend improvements to existing CM processes
- Provide support for program governance boards, such as the Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Engineering Review Board (ERB)
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or related discipline with twelve (12) or more years related experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of software configuration management and configuration management tools administration experience is required. Additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- At least three (3) years working in a CM architect, solution architect, or related role
- Experience architecting innovative approaches and solutions to COTS tool integration efforts
- Experience in a CM, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and/or Audit role, particularly on a large system
- Experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for hardware and software systems
- Experience tracking software, hardware, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Confluence, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
- Experience with software configuration management tools (Jenkins, Git, Maven, Eclipse, etc.)
- Understanding of configuration management best practices
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with Rational Team Concert or IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management
- Experience working on an Agile/SAFe program and team
- Extensive experience with large, geographically diverse programs/systems
- Ability to support limited local and domestic travel
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.