Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of the mission, Leidos is looking to hire a Sr. Network Storage Engineer in Quantico, VA.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) program, our Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Additional job duties and responsibilities include:
- Evaluate communication hardware and software communication, troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems.
- Provide technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Design and provide near real time full spectrum situational awareness of IT services, events, incidents, and infrastructure to support vulnerability analyses.
- Deliver Navy/Marine Corps NetOps control and visibility via electronic network management systems (automated means) and Command and Control (C2) facilities for use by watch standers on the Navy/Marine Corps network.
- Facilitate the Government’s exercise of network operational control over critical services and infrastructure in support of Department of Navy (DON) statutory and war fighting responsibilities.
- Perform system integration and server installation on server hardware.
- Perform system backup (Disaster Recovery), security updates (in accordance with Government procedures for directory services), and system integration with HBSS.
- Develop integration with standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Portal (LDAP) services for all physical and virtual application servers, network devices and appliances.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Support network analysis and troubleshooting using deep packet inspection with Wireshark, Sniffer or similar toolsets.
- Develop system status dashboards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- IAT Level III Certification
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with the performance and configuration of networks.
- Experience with NetWork Access Control and Comply to Connect.
- Experience as a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS)
- Dell EMC Certification
- NetApp Certification (NCDA)
- IBM Certified Associate/Tivoli Storage Manager
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.