The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Electronic Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Terminal Surveillance Weather Center in College Park, GA in assisting with the development of project plans, networks and associated schedules, monitoring and reporting project progress, identifying project management issues, and recommending resolution actions. The NISC Engineer will also provide engineering review and make recommendations on construction submittals.
In addition, The NISC Engineer will provide construction oversight for projects in support of the Terminal Surveillance Weather Engineering Centers and work with designated FAA Resident Engineer. The NISC engineer will report project progress and issues against project goals, scope of work, and schedule. The NISC Engineer will identify problems during construction and develop economical solutions for review by Terminal Surveillance Weather Engineers or work within a team to resolve such issues.
- Oversee the installation of Surveillance and Weather systems for a variety of FAA Terminal NAS Facilities.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate as-built Construction Drawings showing installations in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions, in compliance with FAA standards and Orders. Submit to FAA Engineer for approval
- Participate in design reviews/ORM meetings
- Review project deliverables and provide verbal and written communication to the FAA COR.
- Participate in construction inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Independently Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, and coordinating IRMC and ORM meetings needed to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete applicable EOSH work permits for construction including potential impact lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the preconstruction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate other ongoing construction and projects.
- Coordinate installation project activities to meet milestones and deadlines working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Monitor progress of projects and stakeholder needs and generate products and deliverables.
- Review JAI exceptions related to project closeout, and initiate action through the JAI Exception Closure Plan to assist Terminal Surveillance Weather Engineering in the closure of JAI exceptions on assigned projects.
- Provide monthly and semi-annual Productivity Status reports in accordance with established format.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Generate products and deliverables.
- Submit CM Web documents
- Must have an Electrical Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited College/University.
- At least 12 years of desired experience designing and installing Surveillance Weather systems for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Ability to provide organized documentation.
- Ability to work independently in a large Engineering Organization
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Must have ability to successfully complete multiple projects.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.