The Defense Group at Leidos as an exciting opportunity as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) on our GSM-O II IDIQ contract’s Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Task Order in Alexandria, VA. JSP provides a full range of IT products, services, and solutions and customer services to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), Director of Administration (DA), Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), and other OSD offices for them to meet mission and business requirements. Through the JSP Cyber Security program, JSP performs a wide variety of services and functions required to secure the information security posture for DoD services.
This Task Order has 100+ FTEs working to ensure JSP’s Cyber Security program adheres to JSP, DoD, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) approved cyber society, information assurance (IA) architecture, policies, programs, standards, and guidelines. The ISSO will be provide experienced and qualified personnel to perform Cybersecurity support services to assist JSP maintain an effective cybersecurity program.
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings
- Serve as the System Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for various Joint Service Provider (JSP) systems
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- As an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members
- DoDI 8570 IAM Level III or IAT Level III Certification
- BS and 8 or more years of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Secret clearance or higher (program can support up to TS/SCI
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.