Leidos has a career opportunity for a highly qualified Field Office Account Manager to support business development activities in the greater San Antonio, Texas area.
Leidos is in need of a Field Office Account Manager (FOAM) to support current and future Leidos customers operating in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. This person will work in collaboration with the business groups to grow a validated pipeline of opportunities and take steps necessary to increase the probability of winning programs. This role will focus on cultivating and sustaining exceptional customer relations with current and potential customers across the greater San Antonio region, while adhering to Leidos Business Development methods, process and procedures. Growing business across Defense, Intelligence, Civil and Health Group portfolios is this person’s primary objective. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of recent experience across a variety of San Antonio customers, business partners and market areas, along with demonstrated superior skills in business development and customer relations. This individual will leverage existing customer and business relationships and personal networks to identify and assess potential future business opportunities that lead to improved book-to-bill results and, over time, measurable revenue growth. He/she will be expected to identify technology gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, and monitor and communicate activities and capabilities of business competitors and potential partners in the San Antonio area. This person will work collaboratively with Group Business Development Leads and Strategic Account Executives who have responsibilities for specific customer pursuits, supporting customer engagement, partnership, communications and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate will have the business acumen and maturity to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and will be able to regularly interact at all levels of customer organizations, with Leidos business line managers, and with corporate and functional staff, while demonstrating a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proactively identify customer technology gaps that can lead to new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Support significant cross-organizational capture activities, including building Leidos teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order win business with new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with appropriate Strategic Account Executives and Group & Operation Leadership, including both functional and technical, to support Leidos objectives and customer engagement plans.
- Lead San Antonio-based customer engagement and call plan development, coordination, and execution; provide detailed reports, including follow-up activities, to SAE, Group & Operation Leadership.
- Participate in business planning and strategy activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat/white hat sessions, collaboration sessions, position-to-win and discriminator workshops and proposal reviews.
- Support overall strategic planning, linking capture activities to business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Participate in after-action reviews to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Represent Leidos at local government, charity and community events; recommend support for high-value local sponsorships and memberships, in order to promote Leidos brand-awareness and commitment to the market; coordinate across all Leidos Groups to promote awareness and transparency of Leidos business activities within the local community.
- Participate in SAE Account meetings and report on significant trends and activities within the San Antonio customer community.
- Support appropriate local trade shows and other San Antonio customer events.
- Assist Group Marketing leads in the development of San Antonio-focused marketing strategies and campaigns, especially local advertising and community relations activities; provide feedback to Group Marketing Leads on regional activity and key customer efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of related business experience (additional experience, training or education may be considered).
- This role requires the candidate to have a proven track record of successful customer engagement, business development, program and capture management across multiple customer organizations and program offices.
- Intimate organizational and mission knowledge of multiple government customer organizations where requirements and opportunities align to Leidos business group offerings.
- Prior experience working directly with San Antonio assigned military and government civilian personnel.
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners.
- Flexibility to travel as required, estimated at up to 20% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Candidates must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance.
- Experience with customer relations, budgets, business capture processes, and acquisition organizations and procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the DoD Acquisition processes.
- Active Top Secret security clearance strongly desired.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.