The Civil Group's Integrated Mission Operation, has an opening for an Executive Administrative Assistant in Reston, Virginia. The Executive Administrative Assistant will manage activities contributing to the successful execution of various aspects of the Civil Group. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated office management expertise, demonstrated executive support, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities. Key attributes include initiative, MSOffice skills, critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist three senior vice presidents to be successful in operation and group level goals.
- On behalf of three Senior Vice Presidents, operate as the primary point of contact for those individuals for all interfacing organizations and functions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external participants in writing, on the phone, and in person.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement.
- Available to assist the executive as needed, typically during core business hours, but open to working nights and weekends as needed.
- Display mindfulness on how to make their executive’s job easier, especially through managing data flow for key actions and time sensitive activities.
- Plan, organize and deconflict schedules to help the executives maximize their day.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Able to work through complex issues and be able to juggle multiple and competing priorities.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Support weekly meetings and action item coordination as required.
- Prepare and distribute office correspondence, briefings, weekly activity reports, visit requests and other office documents as required.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and at least 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through with assignees of action items and open issues until each is fully closed, often in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence and status reports for senior and executive managers.
- Demonstrable capabilities to undertake the responsibilities listed in the description.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.