Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking a GE SmallWorld Applications Development Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
This position will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
This person will assist with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. Work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. Work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS.
On Call Rotation could be required
Other responsibilities includes:
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, Java, ESRI, Python)
- Working with common GIS Software including:
- Interaction with map features
- Efficient use of core functions
- Ability to leverage available tools to solve tasks
- Ability to extend core functions
- Ability to create new modules
- Custom tools or extensions
- Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
- Creation and Manipulation of Features
- Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database.
- Building Custom GIS Applications, via:
- GE Smallworld Images
- ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
- Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
- Interaction with map features
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, GIS or related degree. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with GE Smallworld, ESRI, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Expertise with common GIS software
- Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment without immediate supervisor
- Able to work within limited time restraints, strict deadlines and support multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
- FME Workbench
- Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java, .Net
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.