Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Project Documentation Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position supports planning and support activities across the lifecycle of multiple US Navy trainers. This position interfaces with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts, and customer personnel in an Agile environment. The Documentation Analyst will help ensure that the trainers are installed on time in accordance with approved plans by coordinating sponsor approvals, generating required delivery documentation, coordinating delivery shipments, and generating configuration management documentation. Specific responsibilities include:
• Writing documentation required for the installation or upgrade of training systems. Each trainer delivery is unique and this position is responsible for the specification of building modifications, hardware rack placements, and electrical, HVAC, and network wiring upgrades, and the customization of documents to capture and disseminate these specifications
• Develop trainer installation schedules and track progress. Be responsible for adjusting schedules as issues arise with any organization contributing to the trainer installation
• Generating hardware rip-out documentation for installations involving major hardware change outs
• Collecting and standardizing design drawings, user guides, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, training materials, build procedures, and cabling diagrams created by multiple teams for delivery during trainer installation
• Performing configuration management and archival of documentation deliverables
• Organizing major hardware shipments in support of the trainer installations
• Scheduling and conducting periodic Installation Planning Team (IPT) meetings between the development sites to prepare for upcoming major trainer installations
• Participating in a variety of project organizational meetings with customer leadership, development partners and user representatives
• Supporting installs of trainers at customer locations
• BA/BS degree.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
• Must be able to acquire a SECRET Security Clearance
• Demonstrated ability to use the skills and capabilities required to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to multi-task across several projects
• Experience with Atlassian project management tools
• Understanding of systems engineering and software development
• Experience delivering training systems to US Navy
External Referral Eligible
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.