Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Developer, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position develops software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This cutting edge visual simulation is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems, utilized throughout the US Navy. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and OpenGL, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. This position develops sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, or equivalent experience.
• Must have 2+ years of experience developing applications in modern versions of C++ (v14 and later).
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Experience with OpenGL/GLSL/Vulkan
• Have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system
• Have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, and have experience with version control systems
• Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Experience with development in Unreal Engine 4, OpenSceneGraph, or similar engines
• Experience in modern game programming
• Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
• Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
• Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
• Experience with developing for Virtual Reality headsets
• Experience with high performance computing
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• A code portfolio is preferable for demonstration of previous, or self-started projects, ex: GitHub
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.