The Cyber Division in Columbia, Maryland is seeking an experienced leader to serve as the Offensive Cyber Portfolio Manager. The successful candidate will serve in leadership roles across multiple offensive cyber development programs, interacting with the Vice President (VP) Division Manager and managing technical staff. Beyond existing contract execution, the role will also focus on Cyber growth initiatives and engaging with existing and new Customers. In addition to leading and growing the current base of existing solutions development programs, the scope of Cyber opportunities includes working with Internal Research and Development (IR&D) technical teams to align customer requirements and operational mission needs to Leidos investments. The position is located in Columbia, MD.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000.
The Offensive Cyber Portfolio Manager will perform the following roles and responsibilities:
· Lead and manage technical teams to develop offensive cyber solutions
· Work with IR&D technical teams to align work scope to customer requirements and operational mission needs
· Contribute to the growth and financial success of the Division through execution and capture of new Cyber opportunities
· Collaborate across functional teams to drive the Cyber strategy and propose capabilities via whitepapers and customer demonstrations
· Remain cognizant of relevant industry and Leidos best practices and trends to ensure that Division programs and activities incorporate effective, efficient approaches
· Manage and lead Cyber technical personnel by personal example, applying experience and sound judgment
· Ensure contract deliverables are provided on schedule and with appropriate accuracy and completeness
· Be an authentic people leader, driving engagement and inclusive outcomes, and provide new ideas and innovations
· Manage technical staffing - recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation and improvement, assignments, retention, engagement, and career development
· Communicate regularly, actively, candidly, and professionally with Leidos staff, and with current and potential prime and subcontractor representatives, vendors, and client representatives
· Maintain a strong partnership relationship with Leidos infrastructure and support elements (HR, finance, talent acquisition, contracts, subcontracts, security, facilities, logistics, …)
· Provide regular briefings to Leidos senior leaders and Customers to ensure their commitment to and visibility into our work
· Exemplify the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in every aspect of our business
· Represent the Division in Leidos internal and external activities when requested
Candidate Must Possess the Following Skills and Experience:
· Active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance or upgrade as necessary while holding this position.
· A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, etc.) and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Four additional years’ experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
· Experience supporting Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers
· At least five years of progressively complex experience as the PM/manager of successful mid- to large-size technical programs, departments, or activities
· Demonstrated experience managing and leading direct employees and technical teams
· Attention to detail plus the ability to delegate successfully, rise above the details, and see the larger picture
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with quick-response deadlines
· Experience managing a decentralized and dispersed workforce
· Strong, professional communication and organization skills – in writing, in person, in leading small and large groups, and in delivering formal presentations
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
· Experience mentoring and developing technical staff and leaders
· Experience managing across a portfolio of solutions development activities
· Master’s degree preferred, but not required
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.