Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos is seeking an Experimental Research Engineer for professional support with a focus on experimentally testing catalysts to provide economical and clean value-added fuels and/or chemicals from varied feedstocks including clean carbon feedstocks (biomass, plastics, etc.) at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) in Morgantown, WV.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Location: Morgantown, WV
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct experimental test plans, data analyses, and design and diagnostics of reactor systems.
- Utilize knowledge of and experience with catalytic reaction systems.
- Use knowledge with materials to design and optimize efficient reactor systems for chemical reactions.
- Assist with data analyses and characterization utilizing XRD, XPS, microscopy, FTIR, BET, and others.
- Focus on investigating novel methods for design and testing of catalyst materials including varied reactor systems.
- Collect, analyze, and report experimental data/results from experiments
- Present ideas and results to the research team.
- Contribute to future research planning and assisting with proposals.
- Work independently and collaboratively with members of the research team to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Assist efforts in writing research papers and creating conference presentations.
- A BS in engineering, chemistry, or physics from an accredited university with at least 2 years of experience in applied laboratory operations and analyses in a structured laboratory environment.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the fundamental principles, theories, practices, and established methodology of engineering, chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Possess knowledge of and practical experience with conducting catalytic reactions in high-temperature and pressurized systems.
- Possess knowledge of and practical experience with existing and state-of-the-art design and characterization for conventional and non-conventional catalytic reactions.
- Experience in conducting bench top to pilot-scale experiments, data collection/analyses, and pre- and post-run characterization of catalysts and products.
- Previous work history in conducting research and development in a structured laboratory environment using batch and continuous flow reactor systems with a preferred background in carbon-based processes to value added products.
- Experienced in handling a variety of chemicals.
- Experience and/or familiarity with conducting research in a US Government National Laboratory setting where conducting safe operations is paramount.
- Demonstrated ability to author publications and to present results related to their research work.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.