The IDOL team in the Mission Solutions Operation in the Intel Group within Leidos currently has an opening for a Team Portfolio Manager to work in our Reston, VA office. In support of various Intel projects, the Team Portfolio Manager will develop, maintain and lead a portfolio of complex and diverse software team resources. The manager will lead a team of technical lead staff responsible for maintaining the skills, goals, and career paths of full stack, mobile, and cyber software developers, engineers, and testers. The successful candidate will work as part of the IDOL leadership team and will be responsible for managing the team leadership of multiple staff, each with direct reports of technical resources.
- Manage team lead staff that oversee individual contributor resources
- Conduct performance reviews and mid-year check-ins for Team Leads
- Assist Team Leads in managing performance goals, mid-year check-ins, annual performance reviews and career development activities for their staff
- Identify training and other methods to upskill staff to maintain a high performance team
- Perform conflict resolution within the team
- Manage team expenses for team meetings and individual one-on-one sessions
- Work with Senior Staffing Manager and Project Portfolio Manager to coordinate staffing across projects
- Identify risks and risk mitigation strategies to improve staff retention
- Ensure mandatory training and compliance training is completed on schedule
- Apply understanding of issues surrounding the design, build, and test of software supporting full stack, mobile, and cyber applications, and frameworks
- Evaluate staff challenges to proposing solutions to complex software missions
- BS degree or equivalent experience and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Requires working knowledge of Agile project management principles, and ability to apply standards, theories, concepts, and techniques of management domain
- Addresses complex staffing issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues
- Support development of innovative solutions to technical problems
- Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Experience in managing a matrixed technical team across multiple functional disciplines
- Understanding of software engineering, design, test, and deployment
- Experience in program management
- Certified PMP, CAPM, ACP, or related certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.