At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Database Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Developer with experience in designing, developing, testing, and maintaining complex Data Warehouse projects to join our team based in supporting the contracts at the Social Security Administration. The candidate will demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
- Use various data loading techniques for Greenplum MPP database and develop the process to automate it and troubleshoot any data load errors
- Use your database development experience with strong skills in SQL and PL/pgSQL.
- Provide expertise in shell scripting, regular expression and automating tasks
- Perform source system data analysis to understand data relationships
- Investigate and resolve data quality, data loading failures and develop data cleansing routines
- Design and document logical and physical data models in data modeling tool
- Generate Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts from modeling tool
- Design and document source to target data mappings
- Design, develop and test custom ETL or data stage routines
- Automate the custom data loading process and continue to improve based on requirements.
- Provide ad hoc query support for ad hoc query requests
- Use experience with AWS, EC2, S3
- Provide mentorship to group members and help develop and support junior level staff
- Provide occasional after hours on-call support and support production releases during non-peak hours
- Conduct other duties as directed by management
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Experience working with complex data warehouse projects
- Experience designing custom ETL processes to populate the data warehouse
- Ability to analyze source data for potential data quality issues and address these issues
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written with end users, team members and management
- High-level knowledge of various industry leading data warehouse components (databases, ETL tools, BI/reporting tools)
- Experience in scripting (Shell scripting, Python, Java) and automation
- Experience with DevOps
- Prepare technical documents and presentations
- Familiarity with Atlassian product suites, git, bitbucket, confluence, Jira.
- Ansible scripting
- Experience with cloud environment, AWS
- Database Administration (DBA) skills
- Experience Level:
- Database (PostgreSQL v9.6+ or Greenplum v5+) - 4 years
- Custom ETL Scripting – 5 years
- SQL and pg/PLSQL - 4 years
- Shell Scripting – 5 years
- Python – 5 years
- AWS (EC2 & S3) – 1 year
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a related field or Master’s degree and 3+ years of experience in a related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.