Leidos has a great opportunity for a Software Developer to support the US Army programs located in Huntsville, AL. The Successful Candidate will develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate-Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI).
Candidate will be supporting Agile software development activities to create scalable and modular software solutions for unmanned aircraft systems. In this role you will contribute to hardware/software development, model based systems engineering, integration and testing activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill sets
- Ability to create software solutions from established industry standards
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering with minimum 3.0 GPA and two (2) years prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, and Python
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team and on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience in system integration and field testing activities is a plus
- Experience in virtual machine technology and Linux development environment
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.