The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Metrics Analyst to provide specialized expertise in support of the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) Office of Performance Analysis, Data Integration and Modeling Group. You will use your expertise in Data Analytics to review and develop metrics related to the operation and modernization of the National Airspace System (NAS). This support will also include innovative methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies that support the transformation of FAA raw data into meaningful, useful, and actionable information to support business decisions.
Support the FAA with Metrics Analysis, Metrics and Dashboard Documentation, and Communication. This support will include but is not limited to:
- Review and develop metrics related to the operation and modernization of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Work with large aviation data sets and implement error checking, data quality assessments, queries.
- and related activities using automation to the extent possible.
- Support the development of new metrics and dashboards.
- Develop written documentation and user guides for Air Traffic Organization (ATO) metrics dashboards.
- Upload documentation to the team Confluence page for collaboration.
- Prepare information, presentations, and written reports for internal FAA leadership and industry groups as needed.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 –15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing with a database using SQL or PL/SQL
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft analytical software such as Excel or Access
- Ability to assess and verify operational data and communicate analytical results
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience in writing documentation for SQL queries
- Oracle or PostgreSQL database experience
- Experience with version control using Git
- Experience with the Atlassian product suite or other similar project management and collaboration tools
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Experience in programming languages such as R or Python
- Work or academic experience in aviation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to master use of other software packages
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.