Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a PowerBuilder Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a PowerBuilder Developer with strong experience developing client-server applications using PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor-Owned Utility client. The successful candidate will be responsible for technical design, development, testing and migration of modifications and enhancements. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide PowerBuilder development and support for all aspects of programming, report writing, designing and testing.
- Ability to communicate with users to understand the issue, diagnose and resolve technical problems which will require making modifications to code, testing the code and promoting the code to the production environment.
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web, and cloud-based applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field with 4+ years’ related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years development experience using PowerBuilder (experience with PowerBuilder 2017 a plus)
- Experience with Transact-SQL and MS SQL Server.
- Experience developing REST services in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with TIBCO integrations a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in Central time zone.
- Must have experience in analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.