Leidos is actively interviewing for a Technical Writer to join our team in San Diego.
The candidate will be responsible for developing Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards. The candidate shall research and obtain available commercial manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required, to develop or revise existing class 2 and class 3 IETM’s in digital data format. The source format shall include XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files. IETMs shall comply with Department of the Navy policy on digital product technical data, be compliant with the Advanced Technical Information Support System (ATIS) and the Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS). Other responsibilities include providing feedback on technical documentation, maintaining checklists, and providing critical subject matter expertise support during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
In this role you will be working in an integrated System Engineering team with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and concise
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include system operator guides, help guides, user manuals, and training guides, technical manuals, design specification documents, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system.
- Draft technical documentation templates.
- Learn the target software and project documentation process and apply your technical writing expertise.
- Interact with both professional and Navy personnel with ability to take and implement direction; work with the test, software, infrastructure, and training teams to assist in document preparation.
- Position requires DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI; candidates without clearance cannot be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 4 to 8 years of professional experience; or equivalent experience and combined education.
- Experience in the development, writing, formatting, editing, and proofreading of military technical documentation such as system administration manuals, maintenance procedures, standard operational procedures, and architectural overviews.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word functionality and styles.
- Strong formatting skills with the ability to develop and implement style guides and templates.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.