Leidos is looking for a Licensed Military Family Life Counselor to support JRTC OPS Group/1/509 in Rapid City, Louisiana!
Are you in the behavioral or mental health field and ready for a change? If you are tired of sitting at a desk all day and spending long hours completing billing and documentation but still want to utilize your education and experience to help people navigate life’s challenges - Leidos has a job for you! We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in our military service members and their families lives every day!
Be a part of the force of counseling excellence that makes a meaningful difference for our Service Members and their families! Counselors play a vital role in helping service members and their families get the added support based on their needs assessment.
Leidos is partnering with the Department of Defense Military and Family Life Counseling Program to provide highly confidential counseling services and support to military service members and their families across the country and around the world. Counseling services are generally preventive in nature and address topics such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief, loss and much more. Our counselors use their diagnostic skills and past experience to identify high risk behaviors and assist in referral for ongoing treatment and support.
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, and Children).
- Identifying risk in the community by walking around, being available, and actively engaging with the community served.
- Recommending appropriate therapy referrals and handoffs based off your experienced differential diagnostic skills to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved therapy, training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD)
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide services.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a NACI/CNACI clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
- Documentation is simple and easy, used for reporting activity only – no long narratives to generate
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Free work-related professional development courses
- Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
If you like the feel of a start-up company where every day is different, interesting, and impactful, then this is a great job for you. Apply or reach out to a Leidos recruiter to learn more.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.