Leidos is currently seeking a senior GIS Engineer for our Reston, VA location. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor team conducting design, development, and implement systems and databases to access and store geospatial data. Extensive knowledge of data analysis and utilizing mapping software apps: ESRI ArcGIS. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
- The candidate shall be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of enterprise GIS solutions (GIS servers, enterprise geodatabases) using the ArcGIS Enterprise software.
- The preferred candidate will integrate the enterprise GIS into the geospatial workflow and provide support on developing and using enterprise solutions for analysis, display, and processing of geospatial, geologic, and engineering data.
- The successful candidate will have a geospatial background as well as a working knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community
- The successful candidate would have expertise to perform the tasks are listed below:
- Design, implement, maintain, and train users within the Customers production ArcGIS Enterprise environment (ArcGIS Enterprise Architecture).
- ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Web Adaptor, ArcGIS Data Store, ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, ArcGIS Geo-Analytics Server.
- Perform spatial analysis with Python and geo-processing tools on a variety of data formats.
- Knowledge of Third-Party software (PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, etc.)
- Perform analysis of 3D geospatial data (e.g. LIDAR, point cloud) and develop solutions for automating analysis and data storage.
- Devise and plan strategy /road map to implement organizational adoption and upgrade of ArcGIS software enterprise and desktop products to enhance capability.
- Provide direct GIS development and product support via ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) and within an ArcGIS Enterprise architecture to portal-based ArcGIS applications, basemaps and geo-processing services.
- Provide development and product enhancement support to ArcGIS data creation, geodatabase editing, and spatial data maintenance for portal-based and desktop ArcGIS applications.
- Collaborate with intelligence analysts to ascertain analytical workflows, business requirements, and to train personnel in the use of GIS technology solutions.
- Provide support to data capturing and conversion of GIS data for all GIS activities.
- Bachelor's degree and 12-15 years of related experience or equivalent military training and experience (4 years of experience in lieu of degree).
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the following: Geospatial Analysis, Intelligence Community, geospatial data formats (vector and raster data), intelligence fusion analysis, creating geospatial intelligence products, familiarity with various network domains, GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS Suite, ERDAS), and NGA data products and standards.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ CI poly level clearance.
- Familiarity with applications being deployed to build AR/VR environments and applications such as Unity 3D and Visual Studio.
- Useful skill sets for rapid modelling projects such as:
- 3D modeling Experience
- Unity 3D experience, specifically with XR development
- C# Programing experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.