The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer with experience in Software Quality Assurance, possessing a current DoD Secret clearance. This position will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment at Aberdeen Proving Ground,MD, and supports the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and operating systems for a variety of engineering applications in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Identify opportunities for improvement among the current documented processes; gain support from customer product lead to implement recommended improvements
- Coach other team members to ensure strong adherence to the software quality management system
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline, PLUS a minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering
- Possess and maintain a DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody
- Experience with Atlassian collaboration tools: Jira, Git/Bitbucket
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Real-time embedded systems experience with Windows
- Borland CaliberRM
- Perforce Helix
- Software Development with Automated Test suites; experience developing automated test scripts
- Software Configuration Management
- Software Quality Assurance – establishing metrics, measuring performance to metrics, and insuring known configurations
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
*External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.